Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of the Sith Forum Index -> Raid Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pani
Pani-Taru
Guildmaster

re: NiM DF Draxus Strategies

With the news of Thorn being out indefinitely, we are now looking at gearing out my tank as well as bringing in another suitable dps.  With the excitement of the new content from strongholds and the guild ship, I'm wondering if taking a break from NiM for a while may be something to consider.  We can run a lot of the old raids, flashpoints, or dailies together or do conquests.  Perhaps that's something we can focus on this week so we can have an idea of what is going to go into decking out our new Flagship (yay! Great job everyone!) and strongholds in terms of credits and mats etc.  Doing some of these other activities together as a guild I feel can refresh the game a bit for many of us who have been grinding DF/DP HM & NiM for at least four months now.  Perhaps a break will help.  Enjoying some of the new content of the expansion together can be something that may be a lot of fun.  Working together to decorate the ship or earn credits to unlock new rooms is something I think could be very exciting.  It will also allow other members outside of our raid group to join in on the events.  Something to consider.  Either way, as it stands, we are looking at a week or two of farming HM to gear out a new tank and/or DPs for our progression team.  I'd like to discuss this further with everyone at pub raid tonight.  I want everyone to feel like they have a say and can be enjoying the game together as a guild and enjoying the game in whatever capacity interests them the most.

I think that strategy definitely has potential. From a healing perspective, the damage from the lightning adds can be difficult to manage, especially if they are all attacking a person who is under the bubble. 

I thought potentially, we could try keeping Thorn as dps and, for the firth phase, have him tasked with taking out all but on of the dispatchers. We would only send Koot and Kharness to the back to deal with the corruptors and bulwark (with Nantai and I grabbing the first interrupts on the corruptors). That way, Pani and Korrag can individually take out the east and west bulwarks and then get immediately on the boss. I think this strategy might give us more uptime on the adds and boss - since you guys wouldn't have to run to the back and then move back up front for the bulwarks and boss - and having Thorn take out the dispatchers will lower the healing required and allow Nantai and I to keep everyone up throughout the phase and perhaps even through some dps on the boss. Hopefully, this will also enable us to move into the next phase with, at most, one dispatcher still up.

I'm definitely looking forward to trying out these new strategies on Thursday! :)

-Viela

Pani
Pani-Taru
Guildmaster

Check out the start discussed here in particular phase 5 of Draxus:

http://ewokalypsenow.enjin.com/mobile/forum/viewthread/m/11284556/id/12702867

Guildmaster

Yeah, using one tank is something that was discussed after raid.  Thorn is going to work on a dps set and we can try this out once he's geared for dps.  It would be a good idea for everyone to review dulfy's guide:

http://dulfy.net/2014/04/07/swtor-nightmare-draxus-dread-fortress-guide/

Yeah, we're def hitting phase six with phase five adds still up.  But consistently though, so that's good.  Post any other relevant strats and thoughts here everyone.  Thanks Viela!

Hey, all. I thought I'd make a post where we could list the strategies that we find before our next raid.

So, these are just from Dulfy, but it's looking like if we are hitting phase six before Draxus is pushed out, we should immediately switch to the adds and worry about Draxus after we kill everything besides the Dispatcher in the back. 

If we want to do something drastic, there is the option of single tanking this fight. This would help us push dps in the phases where we are having some difficulties. Video of single tank kill : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd61awB6zjE

I will update as I find more! Please feel free to do that same!

-Viela

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of the Sith Forum Index -> Raid Strategies All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: